Friday, July 29, 2011

Authentication Providers disabled in SharePoint 2010

During my recent development I just came across this situation where I need to change Authentication Provider settings. I just found the option in disabled mode. Also other options like New, Extend, Delete where all disabled. I was in local administrator group as well.

My Server configuration is - Windows 2008 R2 Standard

I just closed browser and reopen with "Run As Administrator" and I found all options enabled.

The issue was with the User Account Control(UAC). You can enabled options from

What I did than was Just right click on the Internet Explorer.
IE -> Shortcut -> Advanced -> Check Run as administrator to always run IE as in administrator privileged.

Hope that help you.

Ashish Chotalia

Thursday, July 28, 2011

The specified user or domain group was not found - SharePoint 2010

SharePoint 2010, “The specified user or domain group was not found”

My Environment details:
SharePoint 2010 standalone installation on Windows 7.

You may face above error if you go to following locations from Central Administrator
Application Management -> Manage service Applications
Security -> Configure service accounts

You open SharePoint 2010 management shell and type following command.
Get-SpServiceApplication : The specified user or domain group was not found.
At line:1 chr:25 ...

You might have rename or deleted user account on your environment.

Open SQL server and go to your SharePoint_Configuration Database. Run below command.

    SELECT [Name], [Version], CAST([Properties] as xml)
    From [SharePoint_Config].[dbo].[Objects] with (nolock)
    Where [Name] LIKE ‘%Profile%’

click on xml2 data for 'User Profile Service Application' service name.

open xml data and search for 'm_SerializedAcl'. You will see users that are added. Just check whether that users exists or not on from your computer management screen. If not than you can create user from
Computer -> Manage -> Local Users and Groups -> users -> add user.

and than try to open above links.

I was able to open the link 'Manage service Applications' and 'Configure service accounts'. I had accidently renamed my existing user that's why it was showing such error.

Hope that's Useful.