Monday, February 21, 2011

An error has occurred on the server. http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=96177

Recently I was working on a class library using WSP builder, I stuck with following error once I execute command Copy to GAC.





All of my site stopped working and showing above message. I tried opening Central admin as well, it showed me below error.




I get back to my solution and open output window and I find below messages.

Cannot recycle SharePoint Central Administration v3
Installing Microsoft.Office.Server.dll into Global Assembly Cache.
Installing Microsoft.SharePoint.dll into Global Assembly Cache.
Installing Mydll.dll into Global Assembly Cache.

I just open GAC folder and see the version for above assemblies, which was having older version.
I got to know that WSPBuilder copies all dll files from debug/release folder. At the time of development I had taken this files(above dlls) on my local folder.
I just executed Copy to Gac command and it replaced older SharePoint dll it to GAC.

To overcome this issue I just go to 12 hive (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\)
and open ISAPI folder. I took "Microsoft.Office.Server.dll" and "Microsoft.SharePoint.dll" from here and copied it to GAC and it resolved my issue.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue as well.

Thanks,
Ashish Chotalia

No comments:

Post a Comment